Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lancome Artliner in Amethyst

Sigh, I keep getting taken in by Lancome's Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner.  They have the most gorgeous purples and while the colors are lovely, I just find the formula and felt-tip too fussy for every day use.  I tried Aubergine a few years ago and swore never to get another Artliner, but this time I was wowed by blog photos of Amethyst, which is a blue-leaning iridescent purple.  I think my love affair with this type of shade started long, long ago with Urban Decay's nail polish in Asphyxia (back in the 90's!).

The original problems I had with Aubergine still applied with Amethyst, unfortunately.  The formula applies streaky, with multiple strokes needed to fill in the bare patches for a solid line.  There's something about the felt tip that simply doesn't work for me-- it gets tangled in my lashes, it doesn't apply smoothly and catches on every little bump on my lids.  When I shake the pen and open the cap to apply, there isn't enough product on the felt tip to finish a line.  In fact I had to re-insert the tip four or five times just to do one eye, I mean what a major hassle. 

If your eyelids are smoother than mine (which is very possible) and you don't mind taking a lot longer with your eyeliner, I'd say the lovely color makes it worth a try.



I decided to be brave and post photos of my wrinkly old eyes so you can see the color.  I also used Too Faced Three Way Lash Lining Tool as a black tightline beneath the Amethyst Artliner.  Oh and the messy smudges happened during mascara application and I was too lazy to fix.



Ok

No comments:

Post a Comment